Our Client is a premier distributor in the wireless communication industry. The DC is located in Carlstadt, NJ. The position we seek to fill for our client is a temporary to permanent position working with a company that has been around for over 35 years, family owned and operated in the Wireless Distribution industry who is looking for an individual who wants to work in a stable company, excellent benefits are offered upon hire by our client including the following; (Medical/Dental/Vision/401k/Profit Sharing/PTO/Sick Pay/Holiday Pay).
Job Summary: The Warehouse Order Pickers are responsible for keeping merchandise organized and ready to sell. Pickers are also responsible for the picking of all orders according to Talley procedures and work instructions provided for all customer orders.
Working hours are 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Pay is $13.00, boe.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for assuring that the Warehouse is cleaned on a daily basis (sweeping/daily pick-ups of all trash on the floor)
2. Maintain, sort and organize merchandise so that it can be easily located in proper bin locations.
3. Responsible for picking all orders that come in on a daily basis for Talley, Inc. customers
4. Assure that product that is being picked for Customer Orders is 100% accurate.
5. Cycle Counting (as needed)
6. Picks orders for all customers that come in to Will Call on a daily basis
7. Will make the decision as to which orders are to be pulled in order of importance
8. Will make the decision if an order is for truck shipping or small packaging shipping. 9. Additional job duties and responsibilities can be added at any time
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
6. Experience using a hand held scanner
7. Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
8. Minimum Experience required: 1 year warehouse experience.
9. Ability to read and write in English, knowledge of Basic Math skills.
10. Customer Service skills a plus
1. The warehouse pickers must be able to operate a stand-up forklift operation.
2. The warehouse pickers must be able to operate a standard forklift
3. The warehouse pickers are required to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
4. The warehouse pickers must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to bend and reach overhead
5. The warehouse pickers must be able to work under deadline pressure as organization skills are the key to finding and providing merchandise quickly and accurately for customer orders.