Our client is in need of a Dock Supervisor to work in Piscataway, NJ, day shift (Monday – Friday, 4 pm – finish). The Dock Supervisor will report to the Warehouse General Manager. Starting base compensation is $60-65,000/annual.
Our client is a leading high-growth (60+% annually, up from 20+% annually last year), greater than $100 million in revenue, national third party logistics company.
– Lead a team of 5-6 forklift operators responsible for loading and unloading 300+ inbound and outbound trailers per week
– The successful candidate will partner with the shipping department to prioritize loads based on customer and carrier requirements. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for all freight staged on the dock until it is either put into racking or loading into an outbound trailer
– Attention to detail is critical – the dock is the highest traffic area in the warehouse and safety is paramount! The Dock Supervisor will reinforce industry best practices, drive 5S compliance, and support the warehouse’s OS&D program
– Other responsibilities as assigned
– Five years of experience in a cross-dock operation
– Five years of experience using an ERP / warehouse management system- Five years of experience coaching and developing direct reports
– Comfort with using Microsoft Office – specifically Outlook and Excel
– Strong communication skills and the ability to focus under pressure
– OSHA 30 hour certification preferred
– Forklift “train the trainer” certification preferred
cross-dock operation: 5 years (Required)
using an ERP / warehouse management system: 5 years (Required)
coaching and developing direct reports: 5 years (Required)
OSHA 30 hour certification (Preferred)
Forklift “train the trainer” certification (Preferred)
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.