Our client, a privately held food manufacturer in Bergen County is looking for a talented Staff Accountant. Seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented Accountant with general ledger and US GAAP knowledge to support various accounting duties. Reporting to the CFO and working with the Finance team to complete various accounting close procedures, you will perform the following duties:
Upload, reconcile and analyze accounting data from AR and AP, examining postings and entering corrections as necessary
- Reconcile cash and bank accounts and monitor customer payments, past due amounts, and disputed claims. Post cash to the customer to close AR as payments are collected.
- Perform accounting and system close including AR, AP, promo, and marketing expenses, and investigate payment deductions by customers and post any to the appropriate GL account.
- Perform balance sheet accounts reconciliation and updates, have these accounts reconciled to sub-ledger transactions and journalize any discrepancies
- Maintain monthly updates of Marketing, promotion, and related brand support accounts, perform account reconciliations and allocations to customers, divisions, and profit centers.
- Support other departments such as Sales & Marketing regarding related expenses and be well-prepared for and support interim and year-end audits
- Support calculation of bad debt, DSO, and the analysis of customer dues, past dues, aging, payment terms, and payment patterns and provide input for cash flow forecasting
- BS or BA in accounting
- 2+ years of related accounting experience progressing in scope and responsibility
- Knowledge of current US GAAP and GL (balance sheet and P&L level)
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and PC skills including Advanced MS Excel proficiency (pivot tables, sumif, vlookup, etc.)
- SAP experience is highly desirable
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary $55,000 – $72,000/annual BOE
• Weekly Pay
• Day Shift
• Direct Deposit Available
• On day 90 receive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.