Our client, a privately held food manufacturer in Passaic County is looking for an experienced Payroll/Benefits Supervisor to join their team. The ideal candidate must have experience working with ADP Workforce Now, expert knowledge of running customized reports in ADP as well as a background in Benefits administration.
Our client is seeking a detailed and goal-oriented self-starter to oversee payroll processing for approximately 600 employees and assist in the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
4 years of ADP payroll administration experience are required.
- Oversee hourly and salaried payroll-related functions, including but not limited to inputting data into ADP and balancing payroll totals prior to weekly transmission
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, salary adjustments, benefit deductions, 401(k) Plan contributions, tax changes, wage garnishments, direct deposit authorizations, etc.
- Supervise and develop the Payroll Specialist/Coordinator who administers hourly payroll and time and attendance process
- Interact with Accounting to process and balance weekly and monthly journal entries/general ledger accounts
- Reconcile bi-weekly 401(k) plan bank debits to the payroll register totals
- Supervise the distribution of payroll checks weekly and W-2 Forms annually
- Support and participate in all payroll-related auditing activities
- Produce ad-hoc statistical reports as requested by management
- Serve as the primary daily interface with the payroll service provider on payroll/taxation matters
- Oversee the safekeeping and maintenance of payroll-related documentation
- Associates Degree or equivalent
- 4 years of ADP payroll administration experience including a broad knowledge of payroll using ADP Workforce now products
- Strong organizational, and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook proficient.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve; must be willing to “think outside the box” for ways to improve or streamline processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency and proactiveness, and establish and maintain effective relationships with staff at all levels
- A high degree of personal and professional integrity, ethics, and honesty with sound judgment and high personal standards regarding confidentiality
- Familiarity with GAAP principles and General Ledger procedures
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
If you possess the ADP payroll background we are seeking along with Benefits Administration and are looking for an excellent opportunity to grow your career with a leading manufacturer, please submit your resume for consideration; to [email protected].
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Salary $55,000 – $78,000/annual BOE
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm (this schedule may be altered to reflect an earlier or later start and end time in the near future)