Full Job Description
Our client is a leading high-growth (60+% annually, up from 20+% annually last year), greater than $100 million in revenue, national third party logistics company.
Our client is looking for a Dock Supervisor to work in Piscataway, NJ, day shift (7:00 AM-3:30 PM EST). The Dock Supervisor will report to the Warehouse General Manager. Starting base compensation is $55,000/yr. While community and individual referrals are strongly encouraged, please, no initial inquiries or referrals from staffing agencies, search firms, or similar.
– Lead a team of 5-6 forklift operators responsible for loading and unloading 300+ inbound and outbound trailers per week
– The successful candidate will partner with the shipping department to prioritize loads based on customer and carrier requirements. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for all freight staged on the dock until it is either put into racking or loading into an outbound trailer
– Attention to detail is critical – the dock is the highest traffic area in the warehouse and safety is paramount! The Dock Supervisor will reinforce industry best practices, drive 5S compliance, and support the warehouse’s OS&D program
– Other responsibilities as assigned
– Five years of experience in a cross-dock operation
– Five years of experience using an ERP / warehouse management system- Five years of experience coaching and developing direct reports
– Comfort with using Microsoft Office – specifically Outlook and Excel
– Strong communication skills and the ability to focus under pressure
– OSHA 30 hour certification preferred
– Forklift “train the trainer” certification preferred
We are committed to advocating for and ensuring diversity, equity, inclusion, and objectivity in our family. This includes but is not limited to the recruiting, hiring, compensation, and promotion of employees. This also includes how we serve and treat our clients and customers. We do not discriminate on age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, or national origin, and we speak up against unjust behaviors and practices. We empower one another when faced with differences and disagreements. Everyone is needed, and has responsibilities to complete vital to our success. We are on the same team, dedicated to finding and developing the best people. Period.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- cross dock operation: 5 years (Required)
- using an ERP / warehouse management system: 5 years (Required)
- coaching and developing direct reports: 5 years (Required)
- OSHA 30 hour certification (Preferred)
- Forklift “train the trainer” certification (Preferred)
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.